Being a tool

I'll admit.  I'm not good with tools. 

Once, I went to hang up a painting in my house.  After I put 10 holes in the wall, my wife asked me to stop.  She then went back and hung up the painting in one try.  As a result, I'm no longer trusted with handy-man duties.

For whatever reason, God did not bless me with those abilities.  It's something I came to grips with many years ago.  (And something my wife probably still laments to this day.)

However, just because I can't use tools doesn't mean God can't use me.  As the master craftsman, God knows exactly how to use each tool in his belt.  He knows when construction crews are needed and when computer technicians are a better fit.  He knows where to place teachers and where to position leaders.  He has exactly designs and plans.

As a follower of Jesus, I get the privilege of being a tool in God's tool belt.  I don't know if I'm the screwdriver or the hammer or even a pair of vice grips.  I only know he wields me when he needs me and I'm proud to be of service to the king of all creation.

This week, members of our youth group will be leaving to serve in Kentucky Changers, a construction-based mission trip to Somerset, Ky.  I'm not sure what help I'll be on the construction site (though I can hold a mean ladder), but I do know God has a purpose and use for me in the area. 

Honestly, I'm just a tool waiting to be used.

How will God use you?  I'm not sure.  All I can recommend is that you make yourself available. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion to a false god

Time for an examination

Only the Beginning