Who do you trust?

I have had some bad experiences with auto mechanics.

Time and again I've had parts replaced only for them to break or not be the root cause of the problem.  Not long ago, one auto shop quoted me a huge price for a repair, then lowered the price when I said "No."  I went to a place across town and got in done for a fraction of their "lowered" price.

Now, when I have a car issue, I text or call a guy I trust.  He can't always do the work, but he always steers me toward someone he trusts who can.  When it comes to my car, I only want trustworthy, honest people working on it.  I want good quality work without a jacked up price.

I want someone I can count on, without question.

In 2 Kings 18, the Israelites faced a challenge.  The Assyrian army had surrounded Jerusalem.  The Assyrian king demanded their unconditional surrender.  He told them not to trust their leaders or even God to save them from the mighty Assyrian army.  No one could stand against them.

To his credit, he had been right.  The Assyrians had successfully conquered and deported people all over the region, including Judah's kinfolk to the north, Israel.  The Assyrian army was larger, better equipped, and better trained than the Israelite army.  Jerusalem, besieged, would starve long before the army would need to attack.

In Jerusalem, all seemed hopeless.

The Israelites had a choice to make:  would they trust God?  The Assyrian king said not to.  Hezekiah, king of Judah, said they could.

What would they do?  For that answer, read 2 Kings 19.

I'm more interested in your answer to the question.  Do you trust God?  Why?

Often we get wrapped up in theological language.  In practical life, the answer to the question is all that matters.  Why do you trust God? 

I know why I do.  Do you have an answer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion to a false god

Time for an examination

God Uses Conflict