Being Thankful

It's not November, but that doesn't mean we can't give thanks.

For whatever reason, we tend to limit our "Thanksgiving" to one day a year when we gather for turkey and football.  But Thanksgiving isn't a one-time occurance.  We can give thanks to God (and we should) year-round.

I'm thankful for many thing.  My relationship with Jesus is first and foremost.  As we head toward Easter, I am so thankful that God chose to dwell among human beings, chose to be around our filth and dirt and sin and disease, and chose to willing give up his life for me - a sinful, disgraceful human being.

That's not to say I hate myself.  Quite the contrary.  I love me for who I am, but compared to the holiness and perfection of God, I'm a pitiful and worthless.  It takes the blood of Jesus to make me acceptable to God, and I thank him for that every day.

Maybe that's what we need more of this Easter - some Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for the love of Christ in my life - and for his ultimate sacrifice on my behalf.  I'm also thankful for the blessings I have - like a wonderful family and the great gift I have of sharing Jesus with teenagers.  I love what I do.  I love that God allows me to do it.

What are you thankful for?  Don't wait until November to shout it out loud.  Tell God today that you are thankful for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion to a false god

Time for an examination

God Uses Conflict