God is in the miracle business

I can't help myself.  I'm glued to the TV and Internet watching images and news from Japan amidst the devestation of an earthquake and a tsunami and now the potential nuclear disaster.

My heart goes out to the Japanese people.  Estimates put the death toll at 10,000.  Who knows what the property damage will be.  And if the nuclear plants meltdown, I can't think of what that would do to the country and the world.

Yet, amidst that destruction and chaos and fear, I know there are miraculous stories of survival.  It reminds me, once again, that God specializes in miracles.

This past Sunday, we studied Sarah and Abraham.  God provided them a miracle in the form of a son, Isaac, when both of them were in their 90s and way past child bearing years.  Both of them laughed when God said they would have a son.  Yet, God did just as he promised.  He provided them a miracle child.

God still deals in miracles today.  Whether its a tale of survival in Japan or a healing from cancer in America, God still works today.

When you look at God's miracles in the Bible, they always evoke a response.  How will you respond to the miracles you see and experience?  Will you praise God or men?  Glorify Jesus or yourself? 

I encourage you to share the miracles in your life and give God the credit for what he has done and is doing.  I also encourage you to pray for Japan and the Japanese people.  I pray for a miracle to occur in that country and for the name of Christ to be uplifted amongst such a horrible, horrible tragedy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion to a false god

Time for an examination

God Uses Conflict