Getting to know the Holy Spirit

There are days I wish I could clone myself. I have so much to do and so many places to be that it would be nice to have someone else to do those things in my place. Someone to run my errands or pick the kids up from school or attend the meeting I really don't want to go to.

I kid about that (I think), but the reality is there is only one of me. I can't be in two places at once. I can only do what I can do.

Jesus had this problem while he was on Earth. While he walked the Earth in a physical body, he could only be in one place at one time. As God He is completely omnipresent (that means he can be everywhere). However, as he walked on the Earth in the form of a man, he could only be in one physical place at one time.

That's why Jesus tells the disciples in John 14 that after his death another helper will come in his place. The Greek language in this passage means that someone just like Jesus will come and take his place. This someone is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is a He. He is part of the Trinity. He is God. We struggle with that, but it's true. He has feelings and emotions. He forms relationships with human while he is in relation with God the Father and God the Son. He is not a separate God, as some believe, but part of the ONE TRUE God. I know that concept is hard to understand, but God the father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all one and the same.

As such, the Holy Spirit is just like Jesus because he is God, just like Jesus. The Holy Spirit, as God, is not limited to a physical body. He can be at all places at the same time. That's why Jesus told his disciples that it was a good thing for him to die and for the Holy Spirit to come.

The Holy Spirit dwells inside of believers. He is a vital, active part of the life of a believer because he is God within them. Sometimes we get uncomfortable talking about the Holy Spirit, but we shouldn't. He loves. He cares. He speaks to us. He guides us. He lives in us. He is God.

So take some time to get to know the Holy Spirit. He wants to know you better too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Uses Conflict

Time for an examination

Devotion to a false god