Seeing God

A while back, I ventured to Owensboro, Ky. to see the NCAA basketball national championship trophy. (That's me behind Coach Calipari and next to Coach Joe B. Hall.)

University of Kentucky coach John Calipari took the trophy on a "tour" of Kentucky, making stops in all parts of the state.  Owensboro, where my wife has family, was the closest stop on the tour to my house.  So, we drove up to Owensboro that weekend.  My wife saw her family.  I waited for about two hours to see a trophy and a coach.

Why?  I don't know.  I figured how often in life will I get to be up close and personal to a national championship trophy.  The next time I see it (if I see it) it will be behind glass and inaccessible to me.  This was an opportunity to see it and be near it.

Some things you just have to see to experience.  I don't know if being there for the trophy tour counts, but I was determined to see it.

Jesus says, in Matthew 5:8, that blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God.

Man, who doesn't want to see God?  To experience his presence is an amazing thing.  I want to see him again and again, and I do in the lives of students, in prayer and in my life experiences.

Seeing God is something you have to experience.

The more you see him, the more you want to see him. 

However, to do that, you need a pure heart.  You need to seek confession and repentance so you can stand before a holy, righteous and pure God.

When you approach God with a pure heart, you get to spend time with him.  That is an awesome experience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion to a false god

Time for an examination

God Uses Conflict